2010 Online Fundraising Infograph
March 24, 2011
The factoids in the graphic are pulled from the 2011 eNonprofit Benchmarks Study, an annual survey conducted by MRSS and NTEN. Among other things, this year's study found that online fundraising revenues for international groups increased 163 percent from 2009 to 2010, driven in large part by disasters in Haiti and Pakistan. When you remove those groups from the equation, however, online fundraising revenues were up a more modest (but still significant) 14 percent.
Other key findings from the report:
- The 2010 fundraising response rate was 0.08 percent. From 2009 to 2010, fundraising response rates declined 19 percent on average.
- Annual e-mail list churn among survey respondents was 18 percent.
- On average, survey participants sent 3.6 e-mails per subscriber per month, and 6 e-mails per subscriber in December.
- On average, nonprofit Facebook fan pages had 15,053 users (defined as people who "like" a page).
- Facebook users for nonprofit fan pages grew an average of 14 percent a month in 2010.
- On average, an organization's text messaging list size was 1.9 percent of its e-mail list size.
- Annual mobile list churn was 14 percent in 2010.
To read or download the full study (registration required), click here.
-- Mitch Nauffts