A New and Improved 'Philanthropy News Digest'
December 17, 2013
You might have noticed that we unveiled a new Philanthropy News Digest site a few weeks ago.
We'd gotten a lot of mileage out of the old site, which debuted back in 2006. All good things must come to an end, however, and that site was no exception. In addition to a fresh, responsive design, the new site offers greatly improved functionality and a user interface that makes it easier to keep up with philanthropy-related news and commentary, browse and post jobs, and sign up for newsletters and customized alerts. If you haven't had a chance to check it out, here are some of the things waiting for you:
- a new search engine that organizes your results by content type, subject area, people, organization, and date posted;
- seamless integration with our popular Twitter feed, blog, and video "Flip" chats;
- convenient access to related links and popular stories;
- a new and improved commenting system;
- a design that looks good in your hand as well as on your desktop;
- new mobile-friendly newsletter and e-alert designs; and
- a more streamlined way to manage your profile, newsletters, and e-alerts.
We’re excited about the new site and will be making further improvements to it in 2014. In the meantime, we'd love to hear from you. What do you like about the new PND? What should we add? What can we do better?
Share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments section below. Or e-mail or call us at email@example.com | (800) 424-9836.
Thanks, as always, for reading. We look forward to serving you the best philanthropy-related news and commentary in the New Year!
-- Mitch Nauffts