May 02, 2015
PhilanTopic hosted lots of great content in April, including opinion pieces by Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, president and CEO of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; Tonya Allen, president and CEO of the Skillman Foundation in Detroit; and Peter Sloane, chairman and CEO of the New York City-based Heckscher Foundation for Children; Q&As with Bill McKibben, co-founder of 350.org; Karen McNeil-Miller, president of the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust in North Carolina; and Judith Shapiro, president of the New York City-based Teagle Foundation; a terrific book review from the formidable Joanne Barkan; thought-provoking posts from regular contributors Mark Rosenman and Derrick Feldmann; and a great Storify assembled by our own Lauren Brathwaite. But don't take our word for it...
- [Infographic] 10 Traits That Make Nonprofits Great (Horatio Alger Association)
- Top Five Strategies to Raise More Money From Foundations (Marilyn Hoyt)
- 5 Questions for...Karen McNeil-Miller, President, Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust (Mitch Nauffts)
- Want to Improve Health? Help People Use and Share Their Data (Risa Lavizzo-Mourey)
- How to Visualize Philanthropy? Listen. Improve. Repeat. (Lisa Philp)
- Weekend Link Roundup (April 11-12, 2015) (Mitch Nauffts)
- Weekend Link Roundup (April 4-5, 2015) (Mitch Nauffts)
- Empowering Women Through Homeownership and Volunteering (Lisa Marie Nickerson)
What have you read/watched/listened to lately that made you think? Share your finds in the comments section below, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.